Wednesday, February 5, 2014

More Upcycled Denim Jeans Valentines

In my last post, I showed this valentine made from upcycled jeans (dedicated to Pete Seeger):
Well, I can't seem to stop! Here are some more. The first one works as a keychain. The key goes into the pocket. I stuffed the larger heart, and crocheted an edging. 
The key can also hang out....

The next heart has it's own waistband hanging hole....
The heart part is detachable and has a pin backing.
Next, instead of white buttons and lace, this one celebrates metal, for a bit of a steampunk look. It actually was cut from the zipper area of a pair of jeans. (Shades of Erica Jong!)
Too much fun!
Here's another steampunky zipper inclusion heart:
It includes genuine vintage broken watch parts (purchased for a ludicrously large amount of money at a bead show), plus buttons, beads, rick-rack, and the zipper in its original position.
UPDATE, 2/8: Here's what I'm wearing to a Valentine's party tonight:
Too bad I can only wear it 1-2 days a year.

General directions for embellished valentines like these are at the bottom of the last post.

13 comments:

  1. A friend had a bagpiper at her wedding. She asked him to play something Jewish. He said he would ask his grandfather-in-law who knew EVERYTHING. So Pete taught him Shalom Alehem on the bagpipes! A great spirit has left this planet.
    Love your use of old pants. Maybe I'll try some.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that you added the crochet edging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you added the crochet edging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, LynDee. Crochet edging does make everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica Jong... we must be about the same age!
    Like the key and metal accents. You are having a lot of fun aren't you!! Wheeee!
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, LeeAnna - Erica Jong, Pete Seeger, we're antiques! (Antiquities having fun creating future antiquities?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me want to play in my jeans stash. Unfortunately there are so many projects with deadlines ahead of that. One of these days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Play is good, Carol. Hope you get time soon! Thanks for your comments!

      Delete
  8. Love these little beauties. So inspirational. I just love fabric scraps - especially denim. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!